At Sponge, we aren’t shy about our aspiration to be the most creative digital learning partner out there. We are incredibly ambitious for our clients, we care about their learners and we pride ourselves on finding smart ways to make innovative work that exceeds their expectations.
As the digital world rapidly evolves, we’re growing our services to meet the next generation of learning needs. And we need people who can dance in this world, draw solutions out of ambiguity and drive creativity forward to create end-to-end, human-centred solutions, no matter the scale or obstacles.
This is why we’re introducing a brand new, industry-shaping role, headed up by our VP of Product and Innovation, and giving a few, exceptionally talented people the chance to be the start of something exciting.
As a Learning Experience Director, you’ll be fulfilling a pivotal role at Sponge. Blending ideas from film direction, experience design and learning consultancy, you’ll own a range of important responsibilities.
Collaborating with our Sales team you’ll leverage your depth and breadth of experience to consult with clients, identify and clarify their requirements, then shape engaging, cutting-edge solutions. These will meet our ‘seriously creative’ aspirations, be commercially on point and practical to deliver. Though you thrive on ambiguity, you’ll pursue and consistently deliver clarity to client stakeholders and internal teams, quickly evolving clearly and concisely articulated solutions. Critically, you’ll then roll up your sleeves to work with our Production team, directing the delivery of that vision to ensure an experience that inspires learners and encourages clients to work with us again and again.
We’re looking for people who can:
- Consult on complex requirements
- Develop creative, innovative solutions to meet a range of budgets, and articulate internally and externally
- Direct and protect the vision in collaboration with the delivery team
- Roll up your sleeves to work collaboratively with the whole team
- Support the development of others through knowledge sharing, coaching and mentoring
- Contribute to shaping the industry
Desirable skills, attributes and experience:
- 8+ years’ experience consulting and delivering high-value solutions
- Deep and broad knowledge of custom digital learning deliverables
- Strong commercial abilities
- Open, engaging and inclusive communicator and collaborator across all levels
- Confident and trusted client-facing partner
- An ability to remain calm and deliver consistently under pressure
- Expertise across verticals such as FMCG, pharma, finance and retail
You will join a forward-thinking company focused on success and growing our people; and a new team of exceptionally talented people with a big challenge and a determined attitude, working in a supportive and creative environment. In return you’ll receive a very competitive salary and a great benefits package whilst being part of a company that’s really going places.
Send us your CV along with a cover letter answering the following question.
‘Our vision at Sponge is helping people learn and grow through applying our creativity and innovation. How would you use your talents to shape digital learning in this role?’
Job title: Learning Experience Director
Location: Plymouth, Bristol, Sheffield, London or remote