We have a vision at Sponge: to use creativity to help people learn and grow. And that’s never more important than it is with our own people. Yes, of course we’re focused on delivering digital learning solutions that our clients love and providing them with an easy and enjoyable experience of working with us from beginning to end. But we can’t do that without making sure our talented team of learning designers are nurtured to be the best they can be. And that’s where you come in. If you’re experienced in learning design and are at home when it comes to leading and developing remote teams, then we really want to talk to you.
As our Learning Design Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing the rapidly growing team of learning designers (both internal and freelance) across several locations. You’ll work alongside them in partnership, ensuring they have the tools and knowledge they need to create learning solutions that stand apart from the competition and make our clients smile. You’ll be able to spot potential a mile off and know how to nurture that talent into something special. You’ll be collaborative as a manager, not only with your own team, but across all areas of the business; supporting our business strategy and ensuring that the end-to-end delivery of projects run smoothly. Your days will be everchanging, ambiguous and crazy busy at times but in return you’ll be given the support and freedom to make decisions, recommend change and help your team learn and grow.
We’re looking for a creative, collaborative and future-focused person who can:
- Actively grow and nurture a team across a mixed range of experience
- Spot and develop opportunities for growth
- Be decisive yet collaborative in driving change
- Use commercial acumen to make the right decisions for clients
- Get excited by new learning ideas, innovations and ways of working
- Build a trusted team and client relationships
- Investigate and implement ever new ways of driving learning impact
Desired skills and experience:
- Experienced in learning design
- Curious, interested and digitally versatile
- Organised, delivering consistently under pressure
- Experienced in managing remote teams and working remotely
- Open, engaging and inclusive communicator, across all levels
- Confident working with large-scale global brands
- Brave, comfortable with ambiguity and open to driving change
- Comfortable with travel to support the needs of the team
In return you will join a forward-thinking company focused on success and growth. We’re a talented, committed team with a big challenge, a determined attitude and a supportive environment. You will receive fantastic benefits, a competitive salary and be part of a company that’s really going places.
If you’ve read this far then keep going… apply today for an exciting, rewarding career at Sponge.
Send us your CV along with a cover letter sharing how you would ensure exceptional learning design is always at the heart of the team’s work.
Click here to apply
Job title: Learning Design Manager
Location: Plymouth, Bristol, Sheffield, London or remote