Onboarding with Jasmine Kelland
Posted on Aug 04, 2017
Jasmine Kelland was an HR manager for large companies before becoming a lecturer in Human Resources Management. She now leads the BSC and Masters programmes in Human Resource Management (HRM) at Plymouth University.
The discussion centres around onboarding, how its changing and the role of technology in the future of onboarding.
The questions are provided so you can skip back and forth to learn more on a specific subject:
- 00:47 - How important is onboarding for business success?
- 01:18 - What do businesses miss out on if they're not getting onboarding right?
- 01:45 - With rapid changes in the world of work, what are the implication for onboarding?
- 02:47 - What's meant by personalisation in onboarding?
- 03:38 - What role do you think digital has in this new look onboarding?
- 04:40 - How much training should be a part of onboarding?
- 05:44 - Are there things that are missed out of onboarding, and what do you lose by missing them?
- 06:29 - What interesting trends are you noticing in onboarding?
- 07:38 - Do you think technology offers an exciting opportunity for onboarding?
- 08:58 - Will the next generation of HR professionals be looking to innovate in onboarding?
- 09:54 - When you were an HR manager, what were the issues getting in the way of onboarding?
- 11:19 - Where's the best place to start if you're trying to modernise your onboarding programme?
Download our free business briefing Roadmap to better onboarding for more insights from Jasmine and other experts.
Ways to listen to the Sponge elearning podcast
The full interview is available to listen to using the player above, you can stream the audio directly to your computer or mobile device.
Download the mp3 file using this direct link: SpongeUKPodcastEpisode026-JasmineKelland.mp3 (13:08, 7.6MB)
Subscribe to the Sponge elearning podcast to get the latest episodes automatically.
Join us in a few weeks for the next episode of the Sponge elearning podcast.
Download: Top 6 Digital Onboarding Trends
Fresh ideas for setting new employees up for long-term success.
You may also be interested in
We explore how to balance technology and people to ensure new employees are set for up for success with your business.
Continuous learning helps create and maintain an agile, adaptable workforce across your organisation in the face of an industry wide skills shortage
A global skills shortage, rapid workplace change, the need for agile employees, and digital transformation have created a perfect storm for people development.
Join the Sponge team
Great people are fundamental to Sponge. We employ many industry-recognised leaders and are busy growing the next generation of leaders. We don’t just look for talented people who can do a particular job – we look for people who share our passion and values.Read more