Interactive 360° video for learning – Sponge Podcast
Posted on Jan 24, 2017
360°, VR & AR
Alongside developer Andrew Hosgood she talks about what she’s learned in the process. We cover the potential pitfalls and technical challenges as well as the huge potential for bringing real benefits to training in businesses.
To hear more, and to experience interactive 360° video for learning come along to Stand C10 at Learning Technologies.
The questions and their times are provided so you can skip back and forth to learn more on a specific subject:
- 00:53 – What is the attraction of interactive 360° video and virtual reality?
- 01:38 – What have you discovered over the last year when looking into the use of this new technology for learning?
- 03:41 – AJ What are the technical challenges associated with working in interactive 360° video and VR?
- 05:45 – How accessible is this technology for organisations wanting to use it now?
- 07:56 – AJ What’s the most important thing you’ve learned about working with interactive 360° video and VR?
- 10:10 – What have you learnt about where VR and 360° video is going to work within learning?
- 12:20 – What’s your advice to organisations that are looking to use this technology as part of their learning programmes?
Ways to listen to the Sponge elearning podcast
The full interview is available to listen to using the player above, you can stream the audio directly to your computer or mobile device.
Download the mp3 file using this direct link: SpongeUKPodcastEpisode021-KateNichollsAndrewHosgood.mp3 (15:33, 35.6MB)
Subscribe to the Sponge elearning podcast to get the latest episodes automatically.
Join us in two weeks for the next episode of the Sponge elearning podcast.
You may also be interested in
What a year! We’ve picked out our highlights of 2018 and reflect on another exciting year in digital learning.
We consider the top issues and priorities for businesses in the coming year and the role learning teams can play in contributing to organisational success.
Join the Sponge team
Great people are fundamental to Sponge. We employ many industry-recognised leaders and are busy growing the next generation of leaders. We don’t just look for talented people who can do a particular job – we look for people who share our passion and values.Read more