Are you a qualified or a nearly qualified AAT professional? Would you thrive when working in a fast-paced environment within a collaborative team?
If you are ready to take your career to the next level, then Sponge can offer you a fantastic opportunity to be able to expand your already solid understanding of finance to a walking, talking finance guru. The Sales Ledger, Credit Control and Payroll will become your own area to totally grab hold of and develop. You will join a team that will listen to your ideas, support your plans and understand your vision. As our Accounts Assistant you will contribute to ensuring all areas of finance is delivered to a high standard and on time.
As an Accounts Assistant you will:
- Support the Finance Manager in producing monthly accounts up to trial balance ensuring accuracy and precision.
- Collate and prepare monthly payroll data in line with time frames to ensure smooth payment.
- Ensure all information from different departments are given to finance on a timely basis.
- Own the sales ledger and credit control procedure ensuring a robust process.
- Assist in Preparing and processing supplier invoices.
- Reconcile all bank accounts and relevant nominals to schedules daily.
Our perfect candidate would:
- Be AAT qualified or near qualified with working experience within a finance department
- Have experience in issuing Sales Ledger invoices and have some credit control experience
- Have experience in taking accounts up to trial balance
- It would be fantastic if you had exposure to payroll (but if you don’t then full training will be provided).
If you are ready to join a creative, passionate and engaging team then please send us your CV along with a covering letter. Your covering letter should explain a time you supported your Finance team to process financial information to a tight deadline and how you achieved this?
The application closing date is Wednesday 3rd April 2019 at midnight.
Job title: Accounts Assistant