You have a passion for creating amazing user centred experiences, through seriously creative UI & UX design.
You work collaboratively with clients to bring ideas to life, and push the boundaries whilst guiding the visual direction to make every project exceptional.
If this sounds familiar and you relish the challenge of an exciting role within a rapidly growing business where no two days are the same, then this could be the perfect place for you!
As one of our Art Directors, working in a dedicated team, you’ll be pivotal in realising amazing digital concepts right through to final delivery.
Whether you’re collaborating on a pitch to secure our next project or celebrated client, or working on a completely bespoke solution, you’ll be at the forefront of the design decisions. Forward thinking, you collaborate with our creative teams throughout the project lifecycle, owning the visual direction, exactly how you see fit.
Talking to clients comes naturally to you, whether that’s facilitating design workshops, walking through concepts and ideas, you’ll hold the room to truly uncover and develop the project brief.
Client’s don’t always know what they want, but that’s ok. You have the ability to pick out the nuances in what's being said to get to the heart of it, and ensure we're hitting the mark every time.
You live and breathe exceptional user centred design, and you’ve got your finger on the pulse when it comes to UI/UX design principles, new trends and innovations. Keeping your creative mind sharp enables you to keep pushing visual boundaries to produce truly amazing results time and time again.
You understand the limitations that some brands can have, however your ability to think outside the box enables you to come up with ideas that seemed unimaginable. When necessary you’ll challenge ideas respectfully to ensure that we’re delivering something that’s completely engaging, intuitive and award worthy every single day.
With an attractive salary and benefits package, plus the opportunity to work remotely, you’ll be part of a rapidly expanding company, with amazing opportunities for personal growth, supported by training and mentoring to further refine your already highly tuned skills.
Where you'll create impact:
- You’ll lead on all visual aspects of a project, taking a strategic, ‘bigger picture’ view, but not forgetting the all-important details.
- Working with other graphic, illustration and motion designers, you’ll be the brand ambassador for your clients, advising and directing on the best approaches each time.
- Commercially savvy, you’ll collaborate with creative teams to generate innovative yet commercially-viable concepts and solutions.
- Confident and experienced, you’re excited to share your knowledge with both clients and internal teams alike. Whether it’s a pitch presentation, a client workshop, or a team stand-up, you can definitely hold a room.
- A cool head, you’re extremely comfortable working outside the ‘norm’. You’ll adjust your approach and style for each client and project (because no two are the same) to ensure an exceptional, tailored experience every time. With no direct managerial duties, you’ll work with the Design Manager to support the development of others in the design team, sharing knowledge and mentoring on projects, looking for opportunities to really help others learn and grow.
Desirable skills and experience:
- 5+ years working in digital design with strong knowledge of UI and UX best practices.
- Skilled at teasing out, creating, and communicating briefs effectively, to any audience.
- Good working knowledge of non-digital solutions.
- Highly confident in communicating and facilitating meetings and presentations.
- At home using, and pushing the boundaries of the latest and greatest design, wireframe and prototyping tools. From Adobe Creative Suite to Microsoft Office, and many more, you’re not afraid to always learn something new.
If you’ve read this far then keep going… apply today for an exciting, rewarding career at Sponge.
Send us your CV along with a link to your portfolio, and a cover letter telling us about a challenging brief and how you rose to the challenge to create an amazing user centred solution.
Job title: Digital Art Director
Location: Plymouth, Bristol, London, Sheffield or Remote (UK Based)