Here at Sponge we love two things: seriously creative digital learning and talented people. We can’t deliver one without the other, so in our mission to double our size we’re searching for the brightest stars. If you have an interest and flair for communications across all channels, are highly organised and passionate about building relationships then you may well be who we’re looking for.
You’ll work in a talented team of marketing and communication experts, helping us to deliver the communications strategies, both external and internal, that get both our clients, new business prospects, and colleagues to love our brand. You’ll be a naturally creative self-starter with a love of words and an organised mind. Your days will be varied – you’ll be writing press releases and blog posts, liaising with journalists and other influencers, gaining internal buy-in for ideas to boost our employer brand and managing our social media content calendar – but always fun and rewarding. In return, we commit to supporting you to hone and fine-tune your skills.
We’re looking for a hands-on communications assistant who can:
- Build internal and external stakeholder relationships (e.g. media, industry figureheads, trade bodies, etc.)
- Write and proof-read content (e.g. blog posts, press releases, opinion articles, etc.)
- Organise and manage employee engagement activities
- Collaborate closely with our internal marketing teams – Campaigns, Creative, Digital and Content
- Understand the importance of good PR and communications and deliver consistently against the plan and objectives
You'll ideally bring:
- A keen interest or experience in communications and a desire to learn
- Excellent knowledge of social media channels
- The ability to spot a story and a flair for copywriting
- Confidence pitching ideas to journalists over the phone
- A high level of planning and organisational ability
- An eye for detail, a mind for creativity and a thirst for knowledge
- Energy, enthusiasm and a positive can-do attitude
- Great relationship-building skills
In return you will join a forward-thinking company focused on success and growth; and a marketing team with a big challenge, a determined attitude and a supportive environment. You will receive fantastic benefits, a competitive salary and be part of a company that’s really going places.
Send us your CV along with a cover letter, sharing with us an example of a communications project you’ve worked on.
Job title: Communications Assistant